Friday, November 5, 2010

Impossible Spaces

My work has now changed quite a bit. However I am still interested in examining everything that I have been looking at in the past two years; the aim of the work is now more coherent to the spectator.

I was initially examining my 'Other'...the controlling figure in my mind. I wanted to create my interpretation of the architecture of the mind and place the Other in this space. However, I soon came to realise that this was not going to work out. Now I am focusing purely on these spaces that I was trying to construct. Here is my Artist Statement...

My work consists of deconstructing vacant, non-descript spaces in order to construct a new, impossible space. This space invites viewer participation because of its almost unreadable surface. The innate need of the viewer to place themselves within this space leads them to question the origin and reality of what they are looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment